Sunday, September 19, 2010

I Never Even Took Off....

When I was a child
I had so many dreams
But as I've gotten older
They've all died, it seems
.
I wanted to be an actress
But I was too shy for the stage
I wanted to be a mother
But I wasn't the right age
.
I wanted to fight fires
But they were more fun to light
I wanted to be a bride
In a beautiful dress of white
.
I wanted to be a doctor
But that took too much school
I wanted to be a police woman
Enforcing every rule
.
I wanted to be a teacher
Helping children read and write
I wanted to be an artist
But all I knew was black and white
.
I wanted to be a paramedic
So I could help others in need
I wanted to be an author
Writing stories for people to read
.
I wanted to be a bad girl
But I wasn't very tough
I wanted to be a princess
But I wasn't pretty enough
.
I wanted to be a therapist
But I couldn't even fix me
I wanted to be an athlete
But then I had brain surgery
.
I wanted to be a singer
But I couldn't make the sound
I wanted to be an astronaut
But I never left the ground
.
"I wanted to be an astronaut. To fly so high, so far from this whole, wide world. But I didn't have to worry about a crash landing, because I never even took off."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home