Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Our Island

Up here on Claire Island
Surrounded by family
Our beautiful, secret hideaway
Passed down through the family tree
-
Our own private getaway
Here on Lac Des Illes
Such a spectacular place
Oh, so carefully concealed
-
The sparkling, blue lake water
The green of trees & grass
The call of the loons on the lake
The children's contagious laughs
-
No telephones or video games
Such peace & tranquility
It's just such a beautiful place
So, why doesn't it get through to me?
-
My heart remains cold & empty
With a past I can't simply erase
And I can't help but still feel sad
Even in the magic of this place
-
The gorgeous weather here
Cannot warm my frozen heaert
And with all these friends & family
I'll never have a brand new start
-
And so, I will go swimming
But in shorts & long sleeved shirts
And I'll stay here in 'paradise'
But it won't take away the hurts
-
At night the lights go out
I sit in darkness, having a smoke
Then press the tip into my soft flesh
Careful no one is awoke
-
Then I pull my sleeve back down
I hide it all away
My cookie cutter skin is out of sight
At least for another day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home