Friday, February 17, 2006

Flowing

Sweat
Flowing down my face
Dripping from my chin
Sweat
Flowing down my arms
Dripping off my fingers
Yet i refuse to change out of my long sleeves
Even in this 30 degree weather
I refuse to even roll up these sleeves
Afraid of revealing my arms
My scars
Those ever-present reminders of my weaknesses and failures

Tears
Flowing from my eyes
Dripping down my nose, off my cheeks
Tears
Flowing
Like a waterfall
The eighth wonder of the world
"kathryn falls"

Blood
Flowing from the cuts
Dripping from my arms
Blood
Flowing
Creating a beautiful, crimson puddle
All ruby red and shiny
So shiny that i can see my reflection in it
i can see my future
my death
my own demise

in this puddle
of all the fluids
flowing
flowing together
to show me where it ends

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home